Thursday, February 27, 2014

Module 3 Learning Summary



Module 3 Learning Summary
Videos:
I loved the first video about creating a passion for reading. It is so important to make reading engaging and “fun” in classrooms to create students who are passionate readers. I believe that students who are passionate readers become lifelong learners.
I have never actually seen a smart table in a classroom. I have seen them at conferences. I think they are incredible resources, but they are very expensive and schools have such a limited budget. I love the idea of being able to customize instruction on the table to match what I’m working on in my classroom. This would be an incredible resources, particularly for younger grades.
Virtual Field Trip to Atlanta:
I thought his part of the module was so cool because so many of the places featured are places I have been and are passionate about. Atlanta is such a historically rich city that I feel so fortunate to be a part of. I love the idea of sharing our rich culture and history with others who are not fortunate enough to experience it in person.
Expository Text Strategies:
I enjoyed all the graphic organizers that can be used for different types of texts or the information that you would like to process from the information.
Expository Text Structures:
With the changes in our reliance on technology, the familiarity of expository texts is becoming increasingly important. Students must be able to read a text and retell a text. By retelling, students can sense the organization of texts.

No comments:

Post a Comment