Saturday, March 15, 2014

Module 4 Learning Summary



Module 4
Literacy across the curriculum
This was a great example of an integrated unit. Something like this would be very practical for implementing common core standards. It seems like it would be very engaging for students and would focus on many content areas.
RTI
RTI is the process put into place to progress monitor students. Data is collected and analyzed in order to make sure interventions put in place are working and effective. This is such a huge topic at my school and still seems so complicated to me. However, it is important to implement interventions that are tailored to student needs and learning styles.
Videos
I loved the writing video. It was such an engaging activity that I would love to try this with my students.
Webquest Powerpoint
I think that webquests are an awesome tool for students. They are engaging, incorporate technology, and can incorporate so many different resources. I have created webquests for many class assignemnts, but have found them to be too difficult for my kindergarten students.
Reading Strategies
This was a great reminder of some strategies that I use in my classroom all the time. It is always great to have a refresher of additional strategies to use or ways to mix up the routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment