Even though this video has strong
religious overtones, (please let me know if it offends you, and I will
provide an alternate assignment), it is useful for determining
strategies that beginning readers use when becoming literate, even at
age 50. Watch the video and reflect on what strategy or strategies Robin
used most to help him learn to read.
This video is so inspirational! I loved watching Robin's journey and found myself rooting for him to get it. There were several strategies that I saw Robin using throughout his reading instruction. He often used the strategy of "chunking" or breaking the word into parts in order to make them easier to read and more manageable than a larger word. Robin also used context clues to figure out when he was making miscues. He knew when he was reading when something didn't make sense and would start the sentence over, trying to make sense of what he was reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment