Thursday, June 27, 2013

Prominent Theorist Paper

Paulo Freire

2 comments:

  1. Sharla,
    What a great theorist! I feel like his beliefs are a lot of what we have discussed in class so far! I feel like his theory that teachers are oppressors seems very negative though. However, I do feel as if the standards during NCLB required low level questioning and the Common Core standards align much better with Paulo Freire's theory that students should truly know and understand what they are reading and learning. Great report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharla,

    I really enjoyed reading your paper on Paulo Freire. You've done a marvelous job on this paper.Your inputs and your interpretations made it more meaningful for me. I will be taking a lot of Freire's ideas into actions. I like the quote on page 4 from Freire 1987, Freire writes of reading for internalization rather than memorization.I agree with Friere that read for understanding is more important than to memorize the information. I believe that if we are able to understand what we are reading, we can retain the information better and longer.I believe in Freire's theory of banking education which allow students to be active learners. Freire's theories have made a huge impact in all the classrooms today from elementary to university. The teacher is no longer consider an instructor anymore but rather a facilitator. The facilitator leads a group discussion, the students will take over the discussion and the facilitator will get involve in conversation by listening and asking questions. I believe the best way to learn is from each other.

    ReplyDelete